Water Quality Measurements
Lake Treatment Schedule 2018
|5/21/2018||Weed and Algae Treatment|
|6/11/2018||Weed and Algae Treatment|
|7/9/2018||Weed and Algae Treatment & Ecoli|
|8/6/2018||Weed and Algae Treatment & Water Quality|
|9/3/2018||Phrag Optional & AVAS Survey|
Three Mile Lake and Little Three Mile Lake are professionally managed by.
PLM takes measurements of our Water Quality Twice per Year and provides a once per year Water Quality Bacteria report. They treat for invasive plant-life on a regular basis.
Our lakes have generally tested favorably and Three Mile Lake is considered a generally healthy lake providing both a safe bacteria count for swimming as well as good conditions for fish.
Please help us maintain our reputation as one of the cleanest lakes in this part of the state.
Keeping our lake clean is everyone’s responsibility. Please help us maintain the lake with the following behavior
- Maintain your septic system
- Do not bathe, shampoo, or wash boats, pets, or other objects in the lake
- Use phosphate free home cleaning products
- Do not use fertilizer within 30ft of the lake
- Do not burn or dump leaves, brush, or grass in the lake (these nutrients contribute to unwanted plant growth)
- Please do not feed ducks, birds etc
- Refrain from dumping bait out into the lake
- Use only ground contact approved wood for seawalls. No old railroad ties treated with creosote
- Help keep the lake clean by retrieving trash blown from your boat
- Keep speeds low in shallow areas (High speeds in shallow areas churn nutrients into the lake and increase algae growth)
- Rinse/clean your boat that has been in other waterways prior to placing in the lake (prevent invasive species transplantation)